A new psilocybin-focused holistic wellbeing company called Beckley Retreats is officially launching from the founder of the Beckley Foundation, the drug policy reform and scientific research institution. Amanda Fielding is Co-Founder of Beckley Retreats and Founder of the Beckley Foundation (who was also an early thought partner and friend of Albert Hofmann, and widely known as the “Queen of the Psychedelic Renaissance”) has created Beckley Retreats to offer transformative self-development programs through the power of psychedelics in concert with supportive healing modalities.
Taking place in Jamaica in October 2022 – one of the few countries where the cultivation, gifting, and consumption of psilocybin mushrooms is legal – the comprehensive program includes curated pre-retreat preparation, as well as post-retreat integration to encourage the formation of new habits, practices, and thought patterns. With a team of clinical experts and spiritual guides to create and lead their programs, the retreat combines ancient teachings and mindful practices with individual guidance to create an unparalleled experience.
What is Beckley Retreats?
- Beckley Retreats is a leading holistic wellbeing company that offers transformative self-development programs by leveraging the science-backed power of psychedelics in concert with supportive therapeutic modalities.
- Building on the decades of insights from the renowned Beckley Foundation, we merge world-class contemplative practices with the science-backed benefits of psilocybin to offer a comprehensive approach for people looking to make meaningful change in their lives.
- The program includes psilocybin ceremonies, breathwork, meditation, mindful movement, as well as 6 weeks of supported integration techniques informed by psychotherapy and neuroscience.
- Leveraging over 20 years of psychedelic research from the Beckley Foundation under the leadership of its founder Amanda Feilding, Beckley Retreats represents the logical next stage of this work.
- The brainchild of Feilding and her founding partners Neil Markey, Rock Feilding-Mellen, and Daniel Love, Beckley Retreats exists to bring the proven benefits of psychedelic therapy to the wider community in safe and legal settings. Each co-founder brings a unique background to the brand, with a shared passion for wellness, healing and self-development.
- With guidance from Amanda as a co-founder and advisor, Beckley Retreats is led by CEO Neil Markey. Neil discovered the potential of plant medicines and well-being practices after suffering from severe depression and PTSD following his deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan as a Captain in the US Army Rangers. Through Beckley Retreats, Neil hopes others can experience the life-changing benefits that are possible through the careful and responsibly managed use of psychedelics.
Where will the retreats be held?
- The first retreat location for Beckley Retreats is in the Cockpit Country region of Jamaica at the Good Hope Villas, amidst the island’s native flora and fauna. The property is only a 40-minute drive from the Montego Bay Airport in a gated and secluded location with 24-hour security surrounded by nature. The Good Hope property is used exclusively for wellbeing and healing programs and has private river and beach access.
- The property has two special villas, each centuries-old with cut-stone homes. The entire property was recently renovated with care to modernize its amenities while retaining the historic charm. The villas have a total of 13 rooms, all with their own bathroom, premium bedding and linens, and thoughtful decor. Amenities include two swimming pools, a yoga room, high-speed internet, air conditioning, and access to paddleboards, kayaks, and surfboards. The beautiful landscape is perfect to enjoy the sunrise and sunset across the open mountainous vistas.
- Jamaica is one of the few countries where the cultivation, gifting, and consumption of psilocybin mushrooms is legal. This, together with its lush nature and breathtaking scenery, makes it the perfect setting for Beckley Retreats. Additional locations are to be announced later this year!
What is the duration of the retreat?
While the main activities take place in person over five days at the retreat in Jamaica, Beckley Retreats’ transformative process is an 11-week program that includes pre-retreat preparation and post-retreat integration to encourage the formation of new habits, practices, and thought patterns.