Editors Note: This is a guest post.
Do you know the difference between Dab Rig and Dab Pen? Let us start with what they are and what they are used for. By the way, a dab is a slang name for a wax puff using either a Dab Rig or Pen.
Dab Rings and Dab Pens are used for vaporizing wax concentrates to bring about an effect of high to the user. In essence, wax is this marijuana product that is quickly coming up especially among the youth. Since wax looks and feels like any of the hundreds of brands of lip balm brands, it is easily carried in lip balm containers
Although a product of marijuana, wax is much more concentrated; so much so that a puff of wax gives a kick or high equivalent to smoking like twenty joints of marijuana! Imagine that.
Naturally, some dabbers like Dab Pens while others prefer Dab Rigs. Each carries its weight and each has its lighter side, but experienced dabbers will prefer to own both.
A Dab Rig
Dab Rigs are very popular as this set-up of glass apparatus that dabbers use to sit around and smoke wax. It has several compartments; a mouthpiece, a small dish called a nail for putting the wax in and water carrying container. A Dab Rig is easily available from most smoke shops and especially nyvapeshop.com.
- . A Dab Rig is loud, but most dabbers prefer it as its kick is like a thunderstorm. One puff from a rig simply takes the dabber by storm and sends them where they want to go.
- . Dabbing Nails of Rigs are made of non-melt materials like titanium, ceramic, quartz, and even glass.
- . They do not rely on electricity, so even during a power outage or a blackout, dabbers are still on top of their game.
- . Dab rings have percolators with thick glass for a more advanced hit
- . They have good grips which make their handling is more efficient.
- . The container is re-usable without the prospect of needing service or replacement soon.
- . Dab Rigs are bulkier and cumbersome if they have to be carried around.
- . They are louder than the Dab Pen but much more fun for their users
The Dab Pen
Like the Rig, Dab Pens do the job of vaporizing the wax. They are mostly self-contained with all their features parked together. They are smaller in size than the Rig and are easily portable. They come in varying sizes, colors, and costs. They contain heating chambers with in-built coils that when heated, in turn, heat the wax and vaporize it for the dabber to puff.
- . They are smaller than the Dab Rig in size and are easily portable
- . For those who need discretion, they are better if they have to be carried around
- . They don’t need a blow-torch or smoke to vaporize the wax.
- . They are quieter and less loud than the Dab Rig
- . The container is reusable for a long time without needing any extra service.
- . Dab Pens use electricity. Sadly, for them, in case of a blackout, thunderstorm, hurricane, a hailstorm knocking down the power-line, or anything that interferes with electricity, Dab Pen users have to cut short their need for a high.
- . The kick-in of a Dab Pen puff is not quite as powerful as that of a Dab Rig. It’s lower in power and seasoned dabbers prefer a Dab Rig puff to a Dub Pen one.
- . Although easier to carry around, dabbers prefer a hit in a comfortable sitting position as opposed to moving around.
Both dabs are for use in vaporizing wax for a puff.
Both have a variety of features to provide for every taste. They are also available at varied prices in varied locations and outlets. There are very affordable ones and very expensive ones, plus everything in-between.
Their heating areas have thick bottoms made from either ceramics, glass, aluminum, or quartz for a non-melt effect.
They both give a high quite unlike previous uses of marijuana.
People’s tastes vary, from those who want a portable dab to those who want something powerful. Some dabbers may prefer something beautiful and sleek while others go for invisible and discreet. Still, others want something loud and visible.
The bottom line is the reason for the dab equipment. If it is for a good, powerful hit-you-like-an-ox high, the Dab Rig wins this case hands down. Moreover, when it is for something all season, come rain shine or blackout, my money is still on the Dab Rig.
However, if you need something quiet, no smoke, and electrically charged, you could go for the Dab Pen. The ball is in your court.