Flowr Corp. To Begin Trading Today On Toronto Venture Exchange

The Flowr Corporation will begin trading on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol FLWR at market open today, September 26, 2018. This follows the recent completion by Flowr of both an oversubscribed $C36 million capital raise and a reverse takeover of a capital pool company previously listed on the Exchange.

“This is an exciting day and important step toward our goal of becoming one of Canada’s top licensed producers,” said Vinay Tolia, Flowr’s CEO. “With the transaction behind us, we can increase our focus on executing our business plan.”

Flowr is an emerging Canadian cannabis leader founded by MedReleaf co-founder Tom Flow and a team of industry pioneers, successful start-up executives, and top industry scientists. Flow is recognized for his expertise as a master grower who made his name with the quality products produced by MedReleaf, which was acquired by Aurora Cannabis. Flow designed, built and created standard procedures for the Markham, Ontario facility which is known for its productivity. Flow and his team have designed and built 17 different cultivation facilities and have obtained three producers licenses under Health Canada’s ACMPR. 

Flowr’s Kelowna Facility

It is this expertise in building facilities that Flow brings to Flowr’s 85,000 square foot facility in Kelowna, British Colombia. The company will employ proprietary cultivation systems and it will be engineered to meet pharmaceutical quality production standards allowing Flowr to grow premium cannabis flower. The statement said that Flowr carefully harvests, hand trims and craft cures its products. 

The company said that the Kelowna facility is presently approximately 20 percent operational with the remaining 80 percent slated to come online in early 2019. It is expected to produce upwards of 12,000 kilograms of cannabis flower annually once fully operational. The company expects to add more cultivation capacity and take steps designed to further increase crop yields in the near future.

Scott’s Miracle Grow

Flowr also brings to the table its relationship with the Hawthorne Gardening Company, a subsidiary of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG).  The two companies have an exclusive strategic R&D alliance. Hawthorne is testing a pesticide or fertilizer, they will work with Flowr to determine what works and doesn’t work. Hawthorne’s decision to partner with Flowr and makes it one of only three Canadian cannabis companies with a business partnership with a publicly traded U.S. company along with Canopy (WEED) and Hexo (HEXO). 

As a result of this partnership, Hawthorne will fund the construction of a 50,000-square-foot R&D facility that is integrated into Flowr’s Kelowna campus. This facility is North America’s first dedicated cannabis R&D facility focused on advancing cultivation techniques and systems.

Products

Flowr will produce both medical and adult use cannabis. FlowrRX will feature medicinal cannabis targeted to specific conditions, while Flowr will deliver premium cannabis for adult use. The company plans on producing other form factors such as ingestibles, beverages, and vape products when these become legal in Canada,

Debra Borchardt

Debra BorchardtDebra Borchardt

Debra Borchardt is the CEO, Co-Founder, and Editor-In-Chief of GMR. She has covered the cannabis industry for several years at Forbes, Seeking Alpha and TheStreet. Prior to becoming a financial journalist, Debra was a Vice President at Bear Stearns where she held a Series 7 and Registered Investment Advisor license. Debra has a Masters degree in Business Journalism from New York University.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like


About Us

The Green Market Report focuses on the financial news of the rapidly growing cannabis industry. Our target approach filters out the daily noise and does a deep dive into the financial, business and economic side of the cannabis industry. Our team is cultivating the industry’s critical news into one source and providing open source insights and data analysis


READ MORE



Recent Tweets

@GreenMarketRpt – 4 hours

Illinois’ Adult Use Market Continues to Flourish ⁦@GTIGrows⁩

@GreenMarketRpt – 1 day

We apologize for our slow reporting this week. We were affected by the storm that came through the Northeast and ar…

@GreenMarketRpt – 3 days

RT : Unlike other hemp-infused beverages that contain CBD, these products are made with hemp seed oil.

Back to Top

You have Successfully Subscribed!