High Tide Reports Strong 420 Sales Despite COVID

High Tide Inc. (OTCQB:HITIF) reported announced approximately $789,000 in systemwide gross revenues from April 18-20, 2020 (“4/20 Weekend”), which is a 79% increase over the $441,000 recorded from April 19-21, 2019, despite the COVID-19 pandemic limiting the Company’s scope of bricks-and-mortar operations. This is certainly positive news as the company closed its stores due to COVID-19 for two weeks at the end of March and in early April.

As a share of total sales, High Tide’s 31 branded retail cannabis stores across Canada contributed 68%, while e-commerce accessory sales primarily generated on Grasscity.com comprised the remaining 32%. An approximate blended gross margin of 39% was generated over the 4/20 Weekend by the business-to-consumer aspects of the Company’s assets.

The brands include Canna Cabana Inc., KushBar Inc., Grasscity.com, Smoker’s Corner Ltd., RGR Canada Inc. and Famous Brandz Inc. High Tide’s strategy as a parent company is to extend and strengthen its integrated value chain while providing complete customer experience and maximizing shareholder value.

“Our achievement of these record 4/20 Weekend results is evidence of the strong retail ecosystem of cannabis products and accessories that we have been building in brick-and-mortar and online over the last year,” said Raj Grover, President, and Chief Executive Officer. “High Tide continues to develop and enhance its retail brands, leveraging our decade of experience in the industry to attract, connect and retain loyal customers throughout North America and worldwide,” added Mr. Grover. High Tide continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely, while respecting the orders and guidance of public health and other government officials, as it operates its retail and wholesale business segments both locally and abroad.

Shares Issued

High Tide also issued an aggregate of 1,966,666 common shares of High Tide to certain holders of unsecured convertible debentures of the Company, in satisfaction of the annual amount of interest due to the holders. Key industry investors in High Tide include Aphria Inc. (TSX:APHA) (NYSE:APHA) and Aurora Cannabis Inc. (NYSE:ACB) (TSX:ACB).

Debra Borchardt

Debra BorchardtDebra Borchardt

Debra Borchardt is the CEO, Co-Founder, and Editor-In-Chief of GMR. She has covered the cannabis industry for several years at Forbes, Seeking Alpha and TheStreet. Prior to becoming a financial journalist, Debra was a Vice President at Bear Stearns where she held a Series 7 and Registered Investment Advisor license. Debra has a Masters degree in Business Journalism from New York University.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


About Us

The Green Market Report focuses on the financial news of the rapidly growing cannabis industry. Our target approach filters out the daily noise and does a deep dive into the financial, business and economic side of the cannabis industry. Our team is cultivating the industry’s critical news into one source and providing open source insights and data analysis


READ MORE



Recent Tweets

@GreenMarketRpt – 2 days

Outlook Is Good For Cannabis Legislation This Election

@GreenMarketRpt – 5 days

“Your path you must decide” – Yoda How to Choose the Best

@GreenMarketRpt – 5 days

Happy Friday! Green Market Report’s Marijuana Money October 23, 2020

Back to Top

You have Successfully Subscribed!