CannaRoyalty Corp. also known as Origin House (CSE: OH) (OTCQX: ORHOF) has signed a binding term sheet to acquire certain business assets of California-based cannabis cultivator, Cub City LLC for total consideration of $7,025,000. The deal is expected to close in March 2019.
Origin House will be purchasing a state-of-the-art craft cultivation facility with an annual production capacity of up to 1,400 kg of an ultra-premium flower. At that price, it would imply a purchase price of $5 per gram of funded capacity.
“This Acquisition was a logical next step for Origin House, led by the needs of our brand partners as we execute on our brand support and acceleration strategy,” said Afzal Hasan, President and General Counsel of Origin House. “Access to bespoke third-party cultivation is critical for new flower brands that want an authentic brand promise from seed to consumption. The existing alternative for brands is to use undifferentiated and mass-produced biomass available on the market. ”
Cub City was co-founded by a team that included Drew and Karen Duval of FloraCal. The facility and team have produced flower for some of the top packaged flower brands in California, as well as a prominent pre-roll brand.
In addition to the premium product that Origin House sought, the facility is located in close proximity to FloraCal’s 62,000 sq. ft. facility. Origin House said that the additional 24,600 sq. ft. cultivation capacity will be focused on third-party cultivation.
The company also said that both current and potential brand partners have highlighted the desire for bespoke exotic cannabis cultivation. This acquisition further expands Origin House’s brand support and acceleration platform and will allow the company to close pipeline opportunities with promising brands in California
Hasan added, “We are excited to continue growing our infrastructure and team to unlock further opportunities for growth that we have been cultivating with brand partners in California.”
Terms Of The Deal
The company statement outlined the following terms of the deal:
Under current Cub City management, the facility is undergoing construction with an estimated completion date of March 31, 2019. Upon the completion of construction, the facility will be composed of a two-story building with 11,000 sq. ft of cultivation space, and 7,400 sq. ft of distribution, processing and packaging space in addition to 6,200 sq. ft of office space, storage, and common area
Within 30 days, Origin House will provide a construction loan facility (the “Loan”) to Cub City in an amount of up to USD$1,700,000. Funds advanced under the Loan will bear simple interest at 12% per annum and mature two years from the date of the first advance. The Loan proceeds will be used for construction and equipment for the Facility
The Loan will be secured by a first ranking security interest on all present and future assets of Cub City and guaranteed by each of the members of Cub City on certain conditions
- Some of the key assets, among others, to be purchased in the Acquisition include:
- Cub City’s 20-year lease of the 24,600 sq. ft Facility; and
- A 5-year local permit to cultivate, process, package and distribute cannabis. On Closing, Origin House will also have access to two state licenses: (a) a cannabis Type 11 Distribution License; and (b) a Small Indoor Cultivation license that may be used for future operations.
Included In Purchase Price
- Forgiveness of the principal and interest accrued under the Loan (the “Loan Balance”);
- $3,525,000 less the Loan Balance, in immediately available funds on Closing Date;
- $3,500,000 on the one-year anniversary of the Closing Date (“Holdback Disbursement Date”). Cub City will have the option to receive the second payment in cash, shares of Origin House, or a combination of both but not less than 50% in shares.