TPCO Holding Corp. (OTCQX: SBVCF, SBVQF) completed its qualifying transaction to acquire CMG Partners Inc. better known as Caliva and Left Coast Ventures, Inc. with global icon, entrepreneur and MONOGRAM founder, Shawn “JAY-Z” Carter and entertainment powerhouse Roc Nation. TPCO said it expects pro forma revenues of $334 million in 2021.
Shawn “JAY-Z” Carter, The Parent Company’s Chief Visionary Officer, said, “This is an incredible time for this industry. The end of cannabis prohibition is here, and The Parent Company will lead the charge to a more expansive and inclusive cannabis industry. We are paving a path forward for a legacy rooted in dignity, justice, care, and consistency. The brands we build will redefine growth, social impact, and social equity. This is our time. I’m proud and excited to lead the vision of The Parent Company.”
Jay-Z recently launched his premium cannabis line called Monogram, whose flower is cultivated at The Parent Company’s flagship growing facility in San Jose, California, using a batch-by-batch approach. The company said that each plant receives personalized attention from the company’s expert growers, who grade and select every flower by hand. The team is led by Cultivation Ambassador DeAndre Watson, who has been working with the plant for over 25 years. The packaging is matt black and looks as if it’s inspired by a high-end cosmetics line.
Common Shares and Warrants are now trading on the NEO Exchange under the symbols “GRAM.U” and “GRAM.WT.U”, respectively, and remain trading on the OTCQX under the symbols “SBVCF” and “SBVQF,” respectively. Beginning January 19, 2021, the OTCQX symbol “SBVCF” will change to “GRAMF.”
Michael Auerbach, Chairman of SCAC and The Parent Company, added, “This is an industry-defining moment. With its experienced management team, advanced infrastructure, industry-leading operational efficiencies, proven strategy of brands, and cultural influence, The Parent Company will help shape the future of cannabis in the U.S. and beyond as well as begin to repair and rectify the wrongs of prohibition.”
The Parent Company listed the following investment highlights in a company statement:
Progressive Operational Platform –
- TPCO owns its supply chain, enabling the company to leverage scale and profitably produce and distribute a broad portfolio of cannabis products for every consumer segment. The vertically integrated, omnichannel strategy maximizes gross profit and EBITDA margins, scales consumer reach, generates proprietary consumer data, and beats the illicit market on price, quality, and convenience.
- Omnichannel Platform – TPCO’s scalable omnichannel business offers customers convenient express or scheduled delivery, and in-store or curbside pick-up, all through a single user-centric e-commerce platform, Caliva.com. This omnichannel e-commerce platform, offering both a robust portfolio of high-margin owned brands as well as third-party brands, allows The Parent Company to rapidly scale its direct-to-consumer reach to all Californians. Coupled with its powerful sourcing and low-cost manufacturing capabilities, this omnichannel platform offers consumers across California compelling pricing and convenience while remaining profitable.
- Exclusive Brand Partnerships and Leading Cultural Influence – Brand strategy and marketing playbook led by Shawn “JAY-Z” Carter and Roc Nation, leveraging unparalleled cultural influence of leading artists and entertainers to build the most valuable and scalable brand portfolio in cannabis. JAY-Z officially launched the first his flagship cannabis line, MONOGRAM, on December 10, 2020.
- Unrivaled Consumer Reach – TPCO currently reaches over 50% of consumers in California through Caliva.com, its existing direct-to-consumer platform. The Parent Company will have the greatest consumer reach of any cannabis company in California, reaching 75% of consumers in the state by the end of 2021 and almost 90% by the end of 2022 through scaling of its omnichannel platform.
- Strong Balance Sheet –The Parent Company is the most well-capitalized cannabis company in the United States and will pursue an aggressive M&A strategy to accelerate growth, market share gains, and profitability.
- Industry-Defining Social Impact – Led by Shawn “JAY-Z” Carter, The Parent Company will fund The Parent Company Social Equity Ventures with an initial target of $10 million and an annual contribution of at least 2% of its net income to invest in minority-owned and Black-owned cannabis businesses and contribute to the effort to rectify the wrongs of prohibition through diversifying both the business leadership and workforce of the cannabis industry. Beyond investing, the fund will also support organizations and programs focused on diversifying the cannabis workforce through job fairs and placement, industry training and education, as well as Social Equity application support.
Steve Allan, The Parent Company’s CEO, said, “With both the most comprehensive vertically integrated platform and brand portfolio in California, and the healthiest balance sheet in cannabis, we will reshape the industry in the world’s largest cannabis economy.”